Bustling cities, beaches, sacred rivers, temples, palaces, desert, jungle and the snowy peaks of the Himalayas, India is a culture shock, an assault on all the senses, as colourful and varied as its people. Favourite spots include Rajasthan for heritage and culture, Kerala for romantic backwaters and beaches, Ladakh for awesome mountain scenery, Varanasi and Amritsar for spiritual awareness. Delhi has its own attractions, old and new, a bustling place but with plenty of trees and open spaces where you can relax and watch the world go by from morning to night.
Tips For Traveling India
Destinations In India
Map Of India
Things You Need to Know Before Visiting India
- Where is India? / Where is India Located in The World: India is located in south Asia and is bordered by Pakistan in the west, China and Nepal in the north, Bhutan in the north east and Burma in the west.
- What are the official languages of India? Hindi, English.
- The national flag of India:
- What’s the capital of India? New Delhi.
- The current population of India is: 1.34 billion (134 crores), as of Sunday, June 18, 2017.
- India/Area is: 1,270,000 square miles.
- Phone Code for India is: 91.
- India/Electricity is: 240V, 50 Hz
- India/Currency is: As of May 25, 2017: 1 India Rupees = 0.016 US Dollar.
- Do I need a visa to go to India? How much is the visa fee for India? India requires visas for citizens of the United States. Visas cost $60 and take at least two business days to process. Go to www.indianembassy.org for more information.
List of national public holidays of India
- January: 1, New Year’s Day; 26, Republic Day
- May: 1, Labor Day
- August: 15, Independence Day
- October: 2, Mahatma Gandhi’s Birthday
- December: 25, Christmas Day
- Winter: Pongal
- Spring: Holi
- Summer: Raksha Bandhan
- Autumn: Diwali
3 Reasons To Go To India Right Now
- Delhi’s layers of history and its street food.
- Mumbai’s brash energy and its street food.
- The hippies, gurus, and Beatles may be gone, but Goa’s beaches are as free-spirited as ever.